Hunking Middle School
CALEB DUSTIN HUNKING
Caleb Dustin Hunking bears a close relationship to Haverhill’s most historical character, being a direct descendent of Hannah Duston. Born in Hill, New Hampshire February 24, 1805, he attended Franklin Academy, Franklin, New Hampshire for a short time after which teaching occupied several years of his early life. Removing to Haverhill he became one of the best known and esteemed shoe manufacturers in this City. In 1855 hr became the first man from Haverhill to sit on the Governors Council abd in 1857 served in the State Senate. Later he was “Justice of the Peace and Quorum for all of the Counties of the Commonwealth.” In 1847 he built a home at the corner of Merrimack and How Streets where the Masonic Temple now is. When the Business Section expanded from Water Street to Merrimack Street in 1871 the house was moved to Main Street. In 1923 it was sold to the American Legion for use as a home. Expanding his shoe business he built “the Granite Front” a business block at 68-84 Merrimack Street where he occupied the upper floors, renting the street floor to R. H. Macy who later sold his business here and moved to New York where he established and built up the spectacularly successful department store bearing the name of “Macy’s”. A substantial amount of capitol is said to have been supplied by his friend Caleb Hunking.…..
excerpted from the Dedication, March 16, 1960
Academic Bowl Tryouts
On Monday, November 23rd. tryouts for the Senior Academic Bowl team
will be held in Rooms 51 and 54 immediately after school
Please see Ms. Corcoran or Ms. Paquette if you have any questions.
From the School Nurse
Haverhill Public Schools
School Health Services
School Year 2015-2016 will be starting soon and to help you, the Parent/Guardian get ready, here is a list of items the school nurse requires from you to best care for your child.
- A copy of the most recent Physical- A yearly physical is required for organized sports throughout the school system and is needed to keep your child’s medical records up to date. We accept new physicals throughout the school year.
- Please send a copy of your vaccines when they are administered. The incoming 7th grade students will need to have a booster vaccine of Tdap as well as 2 doses MMR and 2 doses Varicella completed. Most of the students will need the Tdap over the Summer- please call your Pediatrician to check if they are due.
- Update the school nurse with any new medical problems or changes in your child’s known medical condition: If your child has been hospitalized, had surgery, sustained a serious injury or is seen in the emergency room, over the summer and during the school year, please let us know so we can assist you in monitoring your child’s health condition.
- If there are any changes in your child’s medications anytime during the school year please let us know. We can assist you in monitoring for side effects. Any questions regarding medication feel free to call us.
- If your child has Asthma, Life Threatening Allergies, Diabetes, or Seizures we require their medication be available in the school so it can be administered if their medical condition warrants. The Haverhill Public Schools no longer provides back up inhalers in the health office. Please let us know if your child has been prescribed an Epipen for their allergies.
- The nurse will give you the proper forms to administer medication in school: parent permission and doctors order is needed to give any medicine in school.
Thank you and have a safe and healthy Summer !
RaeAnne Hallahan, RN, BSN
Departamento de Escuelas Públicas de Haverhill
Servicios de Salud Escolar
Año escolar 2015-2016 será de comenzar pronto y para ayudar a usted, el padre / tutor a prepararse, , Aquí hay una lista de elementos de la enfermera de la escuela requiere de usted para mejor cuidado para su hijo.
- Se requiere una copia del más reciente examen físico anual para los deportes organizados en todo el sistema escolar y es necesario para mantener los registros médicos de su hijo hasta la fecha. Aceptamos nuevos exámenes físicos durante el año escolar.
- Informarle a la enfermera de la escuela con los nuevos problemas médicos o cambios en la condición médica conocida de su hijo.
- Si su hijo ha sido hospitalizado, sometido a una cirugía, sufrió una lesión grave o se ve en la sala de emergencia, durante el verano y durante el año escolar, por favor háganoslo saber para que podamos ayudar en el seguimiento de la condición de salud de su hijo.
- Si hay algún cambio en los medicamentos de su hijo en cualquier momento durante el año escolar por favor háganoslo saber. Podemos ayudarle en el seguimiento de los efectos secundarios. Cualquier pregunta relacionada con la medicación no dude en llamarnos.
- Si su hijo tiene asma, peligro de muerte alergias, diabetes, o convulsiones que requieren su medicación estará disponible en la escuela para que pueda ser administrado si su condición médica amerita. Las Escuelas Públicas de Haverhill ya no proporciona una copia de seguridad inhaladores en la oficina de salud.
Si recordamos estas cosas el año escolar debe ir mucho más fácil y la enfermera de la escuela no tendrá llamarle para a los elementos anteriores. Si usted tiene alguna pregunta llame a su enfermera de la escuela y ella contestara su pregunta.
Enfermeras de las Escuelas Públicas del Haverhill
Student Council Food Drive
DID YOU KNOW???
…THAT IF YOU BRING IN A NON-PERISHABLE FOOD ITEM FOR THE HUNKING FOOD DRIVE
YOUR HOMEROOM COULD WIN A DONUT PARTY IF YOU BRING IN THE MOST FOOD ITEMS?
… THAT BRINGING IN A FOOD ITEM WILL HELP STOCK THE SACRED HEARTS FOOD PANTRY?
…THAT OUT OF 70,000 PEOPLE IN HAVERHILL,
12.7% ARE AT OR BELOW POVERTY LEVEL? (census/mass.gov)
WELL… WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR???
DO SOMETHING GOOD TODAY! THANK YOU!
Sponsored by the Hunking School Student Council
View as a Document-Student council
Student Language and Mentoring at CD Hunking School from Dec 3rd. to Jan. 12, 2016
Please click on S.L.A.M. for forms…………………
Weekly message from the PrincipalDear Parents and Guardians,Good morning, thank you for all the support and guidance you have given, and continue to give, your children while at Hunking. Fostering a positive relationship with your child’s school is an essential component to social and academic success. As I continue to get to know the students at Hunking I am amazed by their positive attitudes about school and their teachers.Reminders:
Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!Sincerely,
- During Technology this week Students took a School Climate Survey. We will continue administering the survey this week.
- If your child is in 8th grade please remember to send in the permission slip and deposit for the Washington Trip
- PTO continues to collect Box Tops.
- Bring all Box Tops to the front office
- November 23rd Academic Bowl tryouts
- November 25th ½ day of school
- November 26th and 27th No School
Middle School Basketball Schedule
Middle School Basketball Schedule
*Monday, November 30th (Boys 1st) Hunking vs WHITTIER AWAY
*Thursday, December 3rd (Girls 1st) Hunking vs NETTLE AWAY
*Tuesday, December 8th (Boys 1st) HUNKING vs Sacred Heart HOME
*Thursday, December 10th (Girls 1st) HUNKING vs Consentino HOME
*Thursday, December 17th (Girls 1st) Hunking vs ST. JOE’S AWAY
*Monday, December 21st (Boys 1st) HUNKING vs Whittier HOME
*Tuesday, January 5th (Girls 1st) HUNKING vs Nettle HOME
*Thursday, January 7th (Boys 1st) Hunking vs SACRED HEARTS AWAY
*Tuesday, January 12th (Girls 1st) Hunking vs CONSENTINO AWAY
*Thursday, January 21st (Girls 1st) HUNKING vs St. Joe’s HOME
1St Game Begins at 3:15pm 2nd Game Begins at 4:15pm Pickup @ 5:15pm
CD Hunking Site Council Meetings
Site Council Meetings are 3:30 – 4:30 pm
October 21, 2015
November 17, 2015
December 15, 2015
January 13, 2016
February 10, 2016
March 9, 2016
April 6, 2016
May 11, 2016
June 1, 2016
Bradford Ski Program
Starts Tuesday, January 5, 2016 and runs for 6 consecutive week, Tuesday nights 6-10 pm
-Parent is responsible for transportation and remaining at Bradford Ski while child is participating
-Enrollment forms and payment need to be returned by Friday, November 13, 2015 to your child’s school or dropped off to Peggy Buscema, 271 Boxford Road, Bradford
-Checks should be made out to Bradford Elementary PTO
Program Options Cost
Lift Ticket only $135.00
Lift Ticket with lesson $195.00
Skis, boots, poles rental* $105.00
Snowboard and boots rental* $105.00
Helmet rental $30.00
*If you are renting equipment you must fill out a blue card that Peggy will give you
Basketball League, Baton Twirling Class and Learn to Skate Notices