Caleb Dustin Hunking School
Student Council Information & Forms
Do you want to be part of the
Hunking Bobcat Student Council?
About the Hunking Middle School Student Council
• Do you want to make a difference this year?
• Do you want school to be an even more fun and exciting place to be?
• The HMS School Student Council plans and organizes events for middle school students.
Who Can Participate?
• The HMS Student Council will consist of students in Grades 6-8. Members must complete an application. At least two students from each homeroom will be chosen, based on the eligibility requirements. The ex ecutive committee is then selected from the classroom representatives.
• We are looking for some dynamic, enthusiastic, and committed Middle School students to join the Student Council for this year. Qualities necessary for any member on student council are:
• Leadership skills – Are you willing to lead committees and be a representative for your class?
• Creative – Are you able to think of new and exciting activities and fundraisers for the student council?
• Communicative – Are you able to share ideas with other student council members, your class and all of middle school?
• Team player – You could be working with a team to generate ideas and organize events for the Student Council.
• Responsibility – You may be responsible for running activities throughout the school and you must be reliable.
• Commitment – This is a year long activity and if you volunteer now, you will be expected to come to all meetings for the remainder of the year. There will be at least 8 meetings throughout the year after school, so if this does not fit into your schedule, please do not volunteer.
Benefits of Participating
Students should consider this the Extra Curricular Activity (ECA) because it helps to build character, leadership, decision making, organization skills and responsibility.
When & Where Does The Club Meet?
The first meeting will be held on Thursday Oct 27, at 8:05 in room 59 Students joining student council will be supervised by Mrs. Godfrey, Mrs. Murray, Mrs. Gould and Mr. Jimenez.
Staff Advisor & Additional Information
For additional information about the Hunking Middle School Student Council, please contact Mrs. Godfrey in room 59,
Mrs. Murray in room 53 or parent volunteer Mrs. Gould.
2016-17 Student Council Application Timeline
• October 17, 2016 Students may begin picking up packets during period 2 classes.
• *October 27 – 2:45 pm – Deadline for submission of completed packet to the class you eat lunch with.
• Students will give short speeches to their “Why you would be an asset to the Hunking Student Council” on Friday October 28, 2016.
• Each grade level section will vote for representatives. More Reps may be voted in if needed.
Completed packets due to your Period 2 Teacher
by 2:45 pm, Thursday October 27, 2016
Hunking Middle School Student Council
Representative Application Information
This form contains information for students wishing to become involved as HMS Student Council
Representatives for the 2015-2016 school year. Students MUST read all portions of this document carefully,
complete all necessary pages, obtain all required documents to be returned with the application AND meet all
deadlines contained in this packet. Do NOT submit individual pages/documents – submit the entire packet at one time!
Eligibility for Student Council Class Representative
• A class representative must maintain a passing grade in all courses and should have earned passing grades during the last 20 weeks of the prior school year.
• A class representative’s experience within the Middle School may not include disciplinary
referrals related to insubordination, classroom disruptions, or truancy.
Application Packets Must Include the Following . . .
• Student Council Questionnaire: This is your chance to demonstrate quality writing and
thinking skills. The Student Council Questionnaire will provide the advisor with valuable
information concerning your skills as a student leader.
• Student Council Parent Permission Slip: Each candidate must submit a signed permission slip.
• ALL paperwork must be submitted, fully completed in order to be reviewed by Mrs. Murray and Mrs. Godfrey.
Student Council Representative Responsibilities
1. Attend ALL scheduled meetings. Three unexcused absences will result in dismissal from the
2. Act responsibly at all meetings and activities/events and as a leader at Hunking Middle School.
3. Keep grades as high as possible. A 2.0 is required, but higher is encouraged.
4. Good citizenship is a must. Student Council is a team.
5. Solicit input from your team. You ARE their representative.
6. Attend all committee meetings and perform all assigned responsibilities at activities/events.
Student Council Parent Permission
Please return this section in your application packet, which is due in your Period 2 class on or before 2:45 pm, Thursday October 27, 2016.
Student Name: ________________________________ Current Grade ________ ELP RM#___
We are aware that our daughter/son is a candidate for Student Council membership at Hunking Middle School. We have gone over member responsibilities and understand that these positions require effort, diligence and leadership qualities. We also understand that failure to perform the specific duties that have been outlined may result in our son’s/daughter’s dismissal.
We further acknowledge the fact that parents are an integral part of Student Council’s success and whenever the need arises, we will be willing to provide transportation for our daughter’s/son’s meetings and special events. We also realize that we may be asked to volunteer to chaperone special events.
Parent/Guardian Signature Date